ACID PEELING - A NEW BEGINNING FOR THE SKIN
Acids have a spectacular image they are an intensive program and freshness cure for beautiful, healthy skin. They form the ideal basis for a basic renewal program of the skin and there is almost no complexion that does not benefit from acid treatments. So called superficial chemical peels are carried out with acids, in which the upper layers of the skin layer (stratum corneum) are removed in a controlled manner. Surface peelings are non invasive treatments that can be easily controlled in terms of mode of action and intensity by selecting the type of acid, acid concentration and pH value.
Acid peelings are an extremely effective, non invasive method of skin improvement with visible and noticeable results.
• Immediate effect: They free the skin from “contaminated sites”. Already after the first treatment, the skin appears radiant, smoothed and more even.
• Long term effect: They activate skin functions and natural processes that have a lasting effect on improving the skin condition, such as collagen formation, moisture balance, the acid mantle of the skin and much more.
WHAT ARE ACIDS?
Acids in the chemical sense are molecules that are able to release protons (positively charged particles) and thereby lower the pH of aqueous solutions into the acidic range (neutralise to pH 7). An acidic solution thus contains protons (positively charged particles) and the more of these positively charged particles are present, the more acidic the solution is and the lower the pH value.
The intensity of an acid formulation is thus determined by the type of acid, i.e. its chemical properties and molecular size, its concentration and its pH value. The rough rule of thumb is: The higher the concentration and the lower the pH value, the more intense the peeling effect will be.
WHAT DO ACIDS DO?
• Impure skin
• Large pored skin
• Pigment spots
• Age spots
• Light damaged skin
• Uneven complexion
• Cornification disorders
• Superficial scars
• Pale & grey skin
• Mature skin
• Dry, flaky skin
AN ESSENTIAL EFFECT OF ACIDS:
They can make a significant contribution to optimising the pH of the skin.
THE INFLUENCE OF THE pH VALUE NEWS FROM RESEARCH
The normal pH of human skin is between 4-1 and 5-8 depending on the area of the body, with an average of around 4-9 In this area, not only are the protective mechanisms of our skin particularly pronounced, but the epidermis also regenerates better An acid treatment is the ideal start for targeted pH management
The cause of the changed pH of the skin
The causes of the pH change are not yet all known. However, a number of factors have already been defined:
• Certain medications.
• Lack of exercise.
• Extreme temperatures, climate stress.
• Hormonal causes. Genetic predisposition. The consequences of changed pH value of skin
• Skin protection functions are impaired.
• Daily strains can lead to skin irritations.
• The healthy normal skin flora is disrupted.
• The skin’s acid mantle is impaired.
MEDICAL INSTITUTE SELECTION OF PEELS
Combinations to solve all skin needs.